It has come time to make the big request to your sweet half, but now you are in front of the panoply of engagement rings glittering with a thousand lights behind the window of the jeweler’s shop. With the following valuable tips, you will surely be surprised by your sweetheart. Warning! Strong emotions guaranteed!
Make your inquiry
Before going on a jewelery spree in search of the perfect engagement ring, take the time to analyze your darling’s tastes.
- Does she usually prefer discreet or conspicuous jewelry?
- What about his personality, his way of life, the morphology of his hand?
If your investigation does not lead to anything, do not hesitate to make his sister or best friend your accomplice, as long as it promises to keep the secret – promised, sworn!
3 criteria to find an engagement ring
To guide you, it is highly likely that jewelry consultants will ask you for details on three important criteria: metals, stones and models. Here’s what you need to know about each of these criteria.
1. The main precious metals
- Gold, whether yellow, pink or white, is measured in carat (1 carat = 1/24 fine gold contained in the alloy). The value is written inside the ring thanks to a punch of type K or ct.
- Sterling silver (hallmarked 925).
In addition to the price, find out about the following characteristics for each of the metals:
- Its durability
- Its brilliance
- Its resistance to tarnishing
- His weight
- Its hypoallergenic properties.
2. The main gems
- Diamond, whose mass is measured in metric (cm) or in points, and whose quality also varies according to purity and color
- The emerald.
Although zircon is enticing because of its brilliance and low cost, it is still a fancy stone. This can be an interesting alternative if your budget is smaller.
What’s more, each of these stones can be cut in several forms, the main ones being:
- Round cut
- Oval cut
- Princess cut (square)
- Marquise cut (lengthened)
- Pear cut
- Cup in heart
- Trillion cup (triangle).
3. The main models of rings
- Ring (uniform ring).
- Solitary (ring set with a single stone in the center).
- Trinidad (ring set with three stones in the center).
- Semi-eternity (ring set with small stones on about half of its circumference).
- Eternity (ring set with small stones on all its circumference).
Here! You have in hand all the criteria to respect in order to choose the engagement ring that will make your beloved cry with joy.